Tofu & Frozen Banana Mousse
This undoubtedly is a dessert that comes together in no time at all and that the whole family can enjoy while reaping tremendous health benefits!
Tofu is rich in protein and calcium and low in fat. Not only is it easily digestible for your child, but it is great for maintaining the health of your little ones developing bones and teeth. Combined with frozen banana creates a beautifully creamy, naturally sweet treat.
It is a great way to introduce your child to tofu, if they are the kinds who eye new foods with suspicion :)
Why is this good? Tofu is a great source of protein, calcium, iron, and potassium. Naturally sweet banana's are rich in potassium, vitamins B & C and an excellent source of fiber. Potassium found in tofu & banana plays a pivotal role in healthy heart function, development of strong muscles.
Ingredients: (makes 4-6 servings)
– 250g Extra-smooth Silken tofu – Use Silken tofu only!
– 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled & frozen, cut into rounds
– 2 tbsp good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2 tbsp fine brown sugar
– 2 tsp grass-fed gelatin (optional)
– 3 tsp organic raw wheatgerm
1. Drain the tofu and cut into cubes and place in a blender or food processor. Puree till smooth.
2. Add the frozen banana chunks, cocoa powder and sugar. Puree till the entire contents of the mixture are silky smooth and nicely mixed.
3. If using, dissolve the gelatin in 3 tbsp of warm water. Add to the blender and puree to incorporate into the mousse mix. Divide the mousse into ramekins/ bowls and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
4. Toast the wheatgerm in a non-stick pan. Decorate each ramekin with a sliced banana and sprinkle on toasted wheatgerm. Eat up!